Monday, December 15, 2008

A Special Christmas

Today is December 16. It’s officially the start of our 9 days of Christmas.

This Christmas is very special to me because it is the first one that my husband and I will celebrate together.

Since our work would not allow us to attend the traditional dawn mass, my husband and I attended the anticipated mass last night. I was happy to see that a lot of people still observe this tradition. All of the pews and the extra chairs were filled up. It was heart warming.

I know that there are some who would like to complete the nine-day novena masses because of their special intentions. Whatever those intentions may be, I am one in praying with them. We all know how difficult life is today. And for others, life is made even more difficult because of the trials that they have to go through.

When our pockets would not allow us to extend the help that we are more than willing to give, the best that we could offer is our prayers. Let us make our lives meaningful by trying to help others in our own little ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment